Saturday, March 11, 2006

a blog begins

Most original title ever. I've taken up knitting again, this time with the goal of actually finishing projects. I have two on my needles now: a sweater for myself (www.knitty.com's Tempting) and purses for my bridesmaids, my mother and myself (www.knitty.com's Best Friend Bags).

My big problem though, is that I lose interest in my projects before I ever finish them. I find something else that I want to knit. I get frustrated that I can't figure something out. My damn gauge isn't right (my current dilemma). I need to get something that I will totally get tomorrow but tomorrow never comes (guess how long it will take me to get the ribbon for Tempting?). Hence, my knitting *is* the neverending story.

Hopefully no one will name it MoonChild.


My gauge swatch that should measure 4 inches that measures 4.5 inches. And I do NOT have smaller needles. I think I'm just going to suck it up and hope that because it's a bag and not a sweater the messed up gauge won't matter in the final product. And you know it totally will... The yarn is 100% baby camel from SchoolProducts, generously donated by my friend C.






The beginnings of Tempting. 100% acrylic (groan, but I have a lot). Now that I've finished the easy part, and "started" a second project, it will be easy to put off the makings of the sleeves (I'm thinking of adding long sleeves. Short sleeve sweaters confuse me) and the shaping of the neckline. This is going to take willpower.


No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader